Thursday 25 July 2013

Silence


There are times in my life where I go very quiet. In a sense, I withdraw. Pull back. Shut out. 


It gives me space.                               To think.                               To listen.


The noise and demands of the world and my life become too much.

I can give. no. more.

And all I want to do do - need to do - is just sit at the feet of my Lord, and be quiet.


Those times for me bring so much needed refreshment. And they also bring much needed direction. I'm so grateful He's given me ears to hear.

Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.” – Mark 4:9

In the quiet, in the listening, I am filled with truth. Sometimes painful truth. And always truth that requires obedience.


And here's the thing I know. I know that if I obey, if I do what's being asked of me, I will have a miracle. A testimony. A healed heart.

So why fight it?

Because truth be told some things are difficult to obey. Just obey, not even immediately obey. And so I digest, I ponder. Ok, if truth really be told, I rebel.  Because what I've been asked to do isn't easy. Everything in me is saying, "BUT...".  Yes, my pride steps in and boldly states its case.


I've been in that place.                               In the middle.

You know, the place between knowing what you must do - what you need to do - and actually doing it. And if I want the ending, I know I must first die to self.


So I've been quiet.

And He's been gracious.  He's been patient.  He's been gently leading.

And I've decided, I will obey.

Because I love Him more.


The next few posts will be on some of the truths He's been teaching me.

I'm walking toward my miracle.





1 comment:

  1. The last thing I view you as is disobedient! Can't even picture it, hehe. Look forward to it Jax!

    ReplyDelete